Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tips and Tricks for Maximizing Gmail

I don't know about you, but my inbox can go from empty to absurd in a matter of minutes! I receive hundreds of emails a day from a variety of senders and I do not have time to spend sifting through them all.  I needed a solution and I believe I have found it!  That solution is a combination of using plus addressing with my existing email address and applying filters.

I recently discovered I can alter my existing gmail account to customize it for various purposes.  For example, instead of using my original gmail account, I can use mygmail+education@gmail.com to sign up for educational sites!  The emails I receive from the sites I sign up for using this email will still find their way to my original gmail account.  You can view the video below for more information on using plus addressing with your existing gmail account to create unlimited email addresses.


Using plus addressing is only part of the organized inbox solution.  The second part involves setting up filters to organize your incoming mail.  Going back to my previous example of using mygmail+education to sign up for educational sites, I can set up a filter to recognize this specific email address.  By applying filters, I can organize my inbox into easy to find and access categories.  View the video below for more information on how to set up filters in your inbox!


I hope you found these tips as useful as I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment