Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Learning Management Systems

This week I had the chance to compare two learning management systems: Edmodo and Schoology.  Both have great features that can help organize grades, lesson plans and assignments all in one convenient location.  Through my exploration, I found both sites very user friendly; however, I do feel that Edmodo stands out as being a better fit for me.

While Edmodo and Schoology both have many great and easy to use features, these are the two that sold me on Edmodo.

  • Look/Feel of Facebook-  While I didn't notice this, a classmate pointed out that Edmodo has a very similar layout to the ever popular Facebook.  I'd be shocked if one of my students had never seen or been on Facebook, either on their own account or on a friends.  For this reason, I feel Edmodo may be an easier site for my students to use.  
  • Snapshot- Even though I teach Science, I am still responsible for helping my students master Common Core Standards, or, as they're called in Kansas, the Kansas College and Career Ready Standards.  Snapshot on Edmodo allows me to assess my effectiveness quickly and easily!  Snapshot has ready made questions pertaining to specific standards in ELA and Math that are ready to use and assign to students.  Check out the video below for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment