Sunday, November 1, 2015

Personal Learning Networks

This week I had a chance to explore various Personal Learning Networks.  I found some really great resources, and also realized not everything technology related is for me!  Through my investigations this week, I was introduced to an AMAZING resource that can be used for more than just a personal learning network: Diigo.

A Diigo account is completely free, although you are able to upgrade to a premium account if you choose.  I'm a fairly frugal girl, so I chose not to explore anything related to a premium account and stuck with the free one.  My exploration of this site couldn't have come at a more fitting time in my life!  I was not able to bring my work computer home this weekend, so I did not have access to my wonderfully organized list of favorites and bookmarks located on my computer.  Lesson planning felt like I was reinventing the wheel!  If only I had known about Diigo sooner, I could have avoid one serious headache.

Diigo is a site that allows you to keep all your favorites from the world wide web in one simple to access location.  Gone are the days of being able to access your favorites only from a single computer!  Beyond proving you a place to organize your favorite sites, Diigo also allows you to search for what others are using.  The world around us is changing so much that it can be difficult to keep up-to-date with the best that education has to offer.  Through Diigo, I was able to search for my specific teaching wants and needs.  I was provided a list of sites to explore, the majority of which I had never even heard of!

For more information about Diigo, check out the video below!


No comments:

Post a Comment